Guild Rules by Bakey
Posted by Uncategorized
- All members of Darkwind should always be respectful of others. While this is mainly a rule focused on guildmates, it should also include anyone with whom we come in contact, be it another guild/player on Wyrmrest Accord, or even a PUG in a dungeon. The Golden Rule still applies in WoW: “treat others as you would like to be treated.”
- In thinking about how your actions affect other people, avoid inappropriate actions, show respect to random players in dungeons, do not be disruptive to others playing on our realm, and do not harass other players. This includes annoyances such as and not limited to: spamming in chat, using impersonal grats macros, typing in all caps, ASCII art, asking for gold/items/favors repeatedly, or otherwise being obnoxious.
- If you have to be warned more than twice for disruptive behavior, you will be removed from Darkwind.
- Take initative to ask others in guild to join you if you are going to run a random dungeon, raid, or battleground. We should always be doing our best to include other guild members. Guild perks are a thing of the past. The purpose of a guild is to take part in group activities; if you want to fly solo at all times, then you might want to reconsider being in a guild.
- If you need help with anything, do not hesitate to ask. These people are your guildmates, friends, and teammates, and are almost always willing to help (within reason) if you are willing to ask.
- When a new member joins the guild, please greet them and do your best to make them feel like a part of the guild. Also try to greet other members when they log in. A simple “hello” could make a guildmate’s day.
- While inclusion is a leading component of Darkwind membership, one of our values is to encourage self-motivated activity and personal improvement. While your guildmates are here to help, please utilize thoughtfulness and some restraint at the type of request you are making. Make sure your request is realistic to your efforts. Asking your guild to carry you through current progression content without evidence of prior practice or gearing efforts is an example of an unrealistic request.
- There are so many valuable resources online these days; Wowhead, Google, and YouTube videos come to mind. Do your personal part in trying to research something before flooding guild chat with numerous questions that could have been easily found with a few minutes of personal effort. Your guildmates are there for you when you get stuck, but are not your personal search query. If your line of questioning starts to become tedious, people will probably stop responding to them.
- There are officers in place whose purpose is to help you improve as a player. Ask away! They will take the time to work with you individually. Please respect their guidance, and their time.
The 8 O’clock Rule/Topics of Conversation:
- Before 8:00pm server time (Pacific Time), we ask that all members abstain from using foul or inappropriate language in Discord or guild chat. The reason we do this is because there are a few minors in this guild, as well as several parents with young children that may overhear or read something inappropriate.
- Belitting comments regarding race, gender identity, and orientation (real life) are off limits at all times, in all chat channels including public WoW channels. There will be a low tolerance for this. Other polarizing topics such as religion or politics should be taken out of guild chat. If you want to discuss these things, pull someone into a private conversation, or private Discord channel. There is no reason to cause strife in the guild because you believe differently from someone else.
- Even after 8:00pm, not all topics are “fair game.” We are a family-friendly guild, and that doesn’t change after 8:00pm. Rather than make a long grocery list of inappropriate topics, we encourage guildmates to be mindful that guild chat is for all of our members, and some stories are best told privately.
- If you are asked to move a conversation out of guild chat by an officer, before or after 8:00pm, please be respectful and understand that the correction is being made for the benefit of others in the channel. Failure to comply will result in a consequence, not excluding removal from Darkwind.
- Darkwind has a Discord server for use by any guild member and associated friends. It is used for dungeons, raids, PvP, meetings, and general discussion. Any and all guild members are encouraged to use this feature. Any policy we have regarding guild chat (respect, inclusion, 8 o’clock rule, etc.) applies to Discord as well.
- Discord log-in information can be found by reading the guild information located in the Info Tab of the Communities UI. Discord information has been known to change from time to time, so check the Info Tab if you have log-in issues.
- Please try to use the appropriate channels while in Discord. For example, if you are running a dungeon with a guild group, please use a Dungeon channel. In addition, try to keep text discussion within the correct text channels.
- Darkwind has an 8-tab guild vault that is available to all members ranked Disciple and up. The vault allows members to share useful items. Some ranks have the ability to make repairs from the guild vault; this is limited and we ask members who use this feature to try and contribute back when they can.
- Each vault tab has a specific purpose. Please put items into the correct tabs. If you’re concerned that you do not want valuable items being taken from the Free for All tab, mail them to an officer instead. If you are unsure of where to put something, please ask our Guild Vault Manager or any other officer for assistance.
- Materials are for Darkwind use only. If you have been found removing large quantities of items from the guild bank without speaking to an officer about it, we reserve the right to instantly demote you to Neophyte until we can find out why.
- If a member has any grievances or complaints about other members, please direct those complaints to our Morale Lead, or to another Elder.
- Should conflict or intervention arise, Darkwind leadership will assess any volatile situations and decide the actions needed moving forward. This is to protect the wellbeing of our members and the overall integrity of the guild. Generally, a “three strikes” policy will be maintained. If a particular member is found causing repeated problems, the Elders will move towards removal of the member from Darkwind.
- Sometimes you may find another gaming community that suits your personal interests, and may choose to leave the guild in pursuit of those interests. Sometimes, those pursuits fall apart. Provided communication with an Elder, re-invitation back into Darkwind is possible. However, Darkwind is not a revolving door for guild membership. Multiple /gquits is an indication that membership within a community is not valued; because of this, leadership reserves the right to wish you well in finding a new guild community.
- All prospective Darkwind members undergo the application and interview process. This includes friends and family members referred by current Darkwind members. Please take the application process seriously; this is Darkwind leadership’s first impression of you as a person.
- Darkwind leadership reserves the right to reject an application if we feel there is not a good fit. It is up to the discretion of the Recruitment Team to divulge any reasons why.
- Newly initiated Darkwind members fall into the Neophyte rank. This base rank lasts for a minimum of 30 days. Promotion into Disciple rank requires an authenticator and good standing with the guild. Any Neophytes with major infractions of our Darkwind policies may result in instant removal from Darkwind.
- Darkwind is an alt-friendly guild. If you know you’ll be playing multiple alts, we suggest using an addon like Incognito, so others in the guild will know who you are, while on different characters. Devouts and Officers can invite alts into the guild.
- To keep our guild from reaching capacity, unplayed alts will be removed after 6 months. Members that go on hiatus without prior notice will be removed after one year.